I regularly contribute to the professional community in a variety of ways, including serving on editorial boards, as well as on conference and professional society committees. This page includes a sampling of some of my professional activities, loosely organized by professional society.
Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC)
- Eastern Region Steering Committee: I have been a member of the Steering Committee for the CCSC Eastern Region since 2012. The Steering Committee provides guidance and oversight for eastern regional activities, including the annual regional conference.
- Conference Chair for the 2015 eastern regional conference, hosted at Stockton University.
- Conference Chair for the 2012 eastern regional conference, which would have been held at Stockton University, but was canceled at the last minute due to Hurricane Sandy. The conference proceedings was still published, and most conference presentations were rescheduled as part of the following year's conference.
- Workshops, Tutorials, Panels Chair for the annual eastern regional conference in 2018 and 2017.
- Speakers Chair for the annual eastern regional conference in 2016.
- Poster Chair for the annual eastern regional conference in 2014.
- I have also frequently served as a paper reviewer for the annual eastern regional conference, as well as occasionally for the northeastern regional conference, and have often served as a poster judge or as a session chair at the eastern regional conference.
European Alliance for Innovation (EAI)
- Editor in Chief, Cognitive Communications: I am currently serving (since May 2020) as one of two Co Editors in Chief of Cognitive Communications, an open access journal published by the EAI. Like all of EAI's journals, Cognitive Communications is refereed with a blind review process, and is truly open access with no author fees and no subscription fees.
- Area Editor, Scalable Information Systems: I am currently serving (since March 2020) as an Area Editor for Scalable Information Systems, an open access journal published by the EAI. Like all of EAI's journals, Scalable Information Systems is refereed with a blind review process, and is truly open access with no author fees and no subscription fees.
- Special Tracks Chair and a Program Committee Vice Chair for the 9th EAI International Conference on Bio-inspired Information and Communications Technologies in 2015.
- Track Co-Chair for the EAI BICT 2015 Special Track on Combinatorial Optimization.
- Program Committee member for the 11th EAI International Conference on Bio-inspired Information and Communications Technologies in 2019.
- Program Committee member for the 10th EAI International Conference on Bio-inspired Information and Communications Technologies in 2017.
- Occasionally serve as a reviewer for some of EAI's other open access journals, including Cloud Systems, Energy Web, and Pervasive Health and Technology.
Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society (FLAIRS)
The annual International FLAIRS conference is one of my favorite conferences to attend. It is always well organized, with high quality key notes, as well as high quality paper sessions. I have been serving as a member of the Program Committee every year since 2011, including FLAIRS-24, FLAIRS-25, FLAIRS-26, FLAIRS-27, FLAIRS-28, FLAIRS-29, FLAIRS-30, FLAIRS-31, FLAIRS-32, and FLAIRS-33.
IEEE Conferences and Journals
- Program Committee member
for many IEEE conferences including the following:
- IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Scheduling (CISched) in 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007 (this conference was held every two years).
- 11th IEEE International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (IEEE ICOSST) in 2017.
- 2016 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Scheduling and Network Design (IEEE CISND).
- 2016 IEEE CISND Special Session: Metaheuristics and Hybrid Methods for Combinatorial Optimization Problems.
- 2005 IEEE Second Symposium on Multi-Agent Security and Survivability.
- Local Arrangements Chair for the 2005 IEEE Second Symposium on Multi-Agent Security and Survivability, held at Drexel University.
- Local Arrangements Chair for the 2004 IEEE First Symposium on Multi-Agent Security and Survivability, held at Drexel University.
- Reviewer for several IEEE journals and magazines, including:
- Reviewer for the 2014 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI)
ACM Conferences and Journals
- Program Committee member for the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, which is organized by ACM SIGEVO: GECCO 2007, GECCO 2006, GECCO 2005.
- Reviewer for the ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, the annual conference of ACM SIGCSE: SIGCSE 2020, SIGCSE 2019, SIGCSE 2018, SIGCSE 2017, SIGCSE 2016, SIGCSE 2015, SIGCSE 2014, SIGCSE 2013, SIGCSE 2012, SIGCSE 2011, SIGCSE 2010, SIGCSE 2009.
- Reviewer for the ACM's annual conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education: ITiCSE 2014, ITiCSE 2013, ITiCSE 2012, ITiCSE 2011 ITiCSE 2010.
- Reviewer for the journal: ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems.
Additional Conferences and Journals
- Served as a member of the Program Committee for
many other conferences, including:
- National Conference on Artificial Intelligence: AAAI 2011, AAAI 2005.
- International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems: AAMAS 2005, AAMAS 2004
- AAMAS Workshop on Engineering Self-Organizing Applications: ESOA 2006, ESOA 2005.
- ICAPS 2005 Workshop on Constraint Programming for Planning and Scheduling (CPPS-05).
- 2006 European Conference on Complex Systems Workshop on Multi-Agents for Modeling Complex Systems (MA4CS '06).
- IJCAI 2001 Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Manufacturing.
- International Conference on Complex Distributed Systems: CODS 2011, CODS 2010, CODS 2009, CODS 2008, CODS 2007.
- Reviewer for many other journals in addition to those
already listed in other sections, including:
- Adaptive Behavior
- AI Communications
- AIEDAM AI for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing
- Annals of Combinatorics
- Applied Soft Computing
- Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- Computer-Aided Design
- European Journal of Operational Research
- Journal of Heuristics
- Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing
- Journal of Machine Learning Research
- Journal of Scheduling
- Machine Learning Journal
- Mathematics and Computers in Simulation
- Reviewer for other conferences in addition to those
already listed in other sections, including:
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence: IJCAI 2007, IJCAI 2005.
- 2008 International Conference on Intelligent Computing (ICIC).
- 1999 ASME 4th Design for Manufacturing Conference (ASME DFM-99)